Subject: Re: [boost] [poly_collection] Questions about merging into Boost
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-05-31 14:00:01

Joaquin M López Muñoz wrote:
> Boost.PolyCollection was recently accepted into Boost and I'm planning to
> integrate it into https://github.com/boostorg/ asap to begin test cycling.
> I am not sure if the lib will be in a good enough shape for launching with
> Boost 1.65, though. Questions:
>
> 1. The current repository is
> https://github.com/joaquintides/poly_collection , which has branches
> master (code) and website (for the online docs). Is the following the
> right procedure for integration with Boost?
> a. Rename master to develop (https://gist.github.com/lttlrck/9628955 )

I would advise you to retain master, instead of renaming it. Branch develop
off that and start the usual "work on develop, merge stable to master"
workflow.

> b. Transfer repo to boostorg
> (https://help.github.com/articles/about-repository-transfers/ )
> c. Ask for write permission to github.com/boostorg/poly_collection

Yes. And (d) ask for the repo to be added as a submodule on the develop
branch of the superproject.

> 2. Can the repo not have a master branch until I decide the lib is ready
> for launch?

There's no need for the repo to not have a master branch. Until it's
included as a submodule in the master superproject, it will not go out in a
release.