Subject: [boost] [sort] Timsort review reminder
From: Steven Ross (spreadsort_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-06 15:09:58
The review for C++ Timsort in Boost is ongoing and will continue through
June 12. I am the review manager. The code can be found here:
To merge it into a local copy of the Boost.Sort library:
git checkout -b ZaMaZaN4iK-feature_branch/TimSort develop
git pull https://github.com/ZaMaZaN4iK/sort.git \
If you want to see a proposed version of the Sort library source with
Francisco's changes and Timsort included, download the zip file
Feel free to compare flat_stable_sort with Timsort.
Please answer these questions in reply to this thread:
1. What is your evaluation of the Timsort implementation?
2. What is your evaluation of the comments?
3. Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any
4. How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
reading? In-depth study?
5. How familiar are you with the details of hybrid and stable sorts?
6. Would you actually use Timsort if it was in Boost.Sort? If so, how
is it better than the next best alternative?
7. Do you think Timsort should be included in Boost.Sort?
Please ask Alexander Zaitsev any questions you have about Timsort for this
review before submitting your final review.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk