Subject: Re: [boost] variant2 never empty guarantees
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-09 10:46:20

On 9 June 2017 at 10:29, Andrzej Krzemienski via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> When you are implementing a "cache": you want to store the most "hot" part
> of your database data in RAM on a dedicated server, which obviously cannot
> cache the entire database. You have to make some predictions, how much data
> you can accept. If the actual data is bigger, you probably want to
> terminate with apologize message.

LOFL: If a software engineer in my company would do what you are
suggesting, the only thing that would be terminated is his contract,
without apology. Certainly, there must be better ways of doing just that.

degski

--
"*Ihre sogenannte Religion wirkt bloß wie ein Opiat reizend, betäubend,
Schmerzen aus Schwäche stillend.*" - Novalis 1798