Subject: [boost] [static_views] [gsoc17] Proposal for a library
From: Tom Westerhout (kot.tom97_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-10 11:48:21

Hi!

I'm Tom Westerhout, one of this year's GSoC interns.

The module I'm planning to work on, StaticViews, is essentially a subset
of Ranges TS optimised for usage with compile-time homogeneous datasets.
It can be used to implement compile-time associative maps, compile-time
checking of non-type constraints, and compile-time generation of datasets
from other compile-time datasets. Some more explanation and motivating
examples are on this page:
https://boostgsoc17.github.io/static-map/doc/123_build/html/getting_started.html

Do you think this would be a worthwhile addition to Boost? Is the choice
to use Ranges TS as inspiration for the API wise, or would a different API
(please, suggest one) be better? All comments are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Tom