Subject: Re: [boost] [review] Review of Nowide (Unicode) starts today
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-12 14:17:47

On 12 June 2017 at 15:11, Peter Dimov via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Artyom Beilis wrote:
>
> Converting invalid UTF-16 to WTF-8 and other way around is not obvious
>> behavior and has potential of security risk especially for users that are
>> not aware of such an issue. So invalid UTF-8/16 sequences are rejected by
>> design.
>>

> Implying that there are Windows file names that can't be handled by the
> library?

Question: "Shouldn't the passing of invalid UTF-8/16 sequences be defined
as UB?" How important is this point? I'm oblivious to this problem, and it
sounds like I would like to keep it that way.

degski

--
"*Ihre sogenannte Religion wirkt bloß wie ein Opiat reizend, betäubend,
Schmerzen aus Schwäche stillend.*" - Novalis 1798