Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal for moving Boost to CMake
From: Richard Hodges (hodges.r_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-17 22:15:29

I fully support any effort to make cmake the de-facto build system for
boost. When used with Ruslo/hunter it is also an excellent package
management system. When used with the polly toolchains (also by ruslo) it
solves all cross-compilation problems.

Cmake's syntax is garbage but it is actively maintained, well supported and
understandable. Bjam on the other hand is indecipherable, undocumented
garbage. If you've ever wondered why more people don't contribute to boost,
it's that.