Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal for moving Boost to CMake
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-18 21:03:34

Boost - Dev mailing list wrote
> On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 12:05 PM, Louis Dionne via Boost
> <

> boost_at_.boost

> > wrote:
>> It is also worth noting that people on this list that oppose vocally are
>> Boost library developers or folks with deep involvement/knowledge of
>> Boost.Build, which is a very small minority.
>
> You mean the minority that spend countless hours per week maintaining
> Boost, including libraries they did not author?

Yes. I'm not making any statement about the value of the contributions of an
individual or group of individuals to Boost (in particular, I'm not trying
to diminish anyone's contribution). I'm stating that some people have a
biased view that is not shared by the majority of people using Boost, and
this group of people is over represented on this list. If we're not careful
about that, we could make decisions that are bad for our users (and I think
we sometimes do).