Subject: Re: [boost] [thread] Interaction between interruption points and condition_variable
From: David Stone (david_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-19 22:19:17

Actually, I am happy with the behavior that a call to wait(lock, pred)
never throws a boost::thread_interrupted exception for the case where the
predicate is true prior the call. My problem is that currently, if `thread`
is waiting on `cv`, and another thread calls

    cv.notify_all();
    thread.interrupt();

it is unspecified whether the call to wait returns normally or throws
boost::thread_interrupted (it depends on whether the thread that was
blocked is woken up between the two calls). I would like for it to be
specified that the call returns normally.