Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal for moving Boost to CMake
From: paul (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-19 22:51:49

On Mon, 2017-06-19 at 15:44 -0600, Gary Furnish via Boost wrote:
> This option *really* needs to be on
> "http://www.boost.org/build/doc/html/bbv2/overview/configuration.html"
> and that cmake file is the most amazing thing ever.  Why can't we get
> something like that made official at least?

That would be an interesting option. Just add this cmake file to boost to
bootstrap b2. This way boost could officialy say it can be built with cmake,
althought its still using b2 underneath.

Of course, this doesn't cover the other use cases that people want cmake for,
such as consuming cmake targets in their own builds, but this probably will be
easier with modularlization of boost.