Subject: [boost] [sort] pdqsort mini-review
From: Steven Ross (spreadsort_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-20 11:43:31

The (mini) review for pdqsort will start tomorrow 6/21, and run through
6/30. I will manage the review; Orson Peters is the author.

The proposed boost source is here:
https://gist.github.com/orlp/24f27aada1ed724d1809b372c33eb92e
Documentation is here: https://github.com/orlp/pdqsort#pdqsort
And a draft paper is here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1-vl-dPgKm_T0Fxeno1a0lGT0E

If you're interested, please answer these questions:

   1. Are there any specific concerns you have about pdqsort vs. std::sort?
   2. Does it compile for you when you try to use it as a replacement for
   std::sort?
   3. How does the performance compare on your system vs. std::sort?
   4. Do you think we should include pdqsort in Boost.Sort?
   5. Do you have any concerns about switching the default/fallback sort in
   Boost libraries (including Boost.Sort) from std::sort to pdqsort?