Subject: Re: [boost] [outcome v2] Please comment on new result<T, EC> reference API docs
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-21 21:28:27

>> I've been hard at work refactoring Outcome to match the peer review a
>> few weeks ago. Much comment at the time mentioned the poor experience
>> of the reference API docs, so can I get a community check of this:
>>
>> https://dedi4.nedprod.com/static/result-v2/doc_result.html
>
> Ideally, one would want only result<> documented, with all its public
> members, without the implementation detail result_base<>. Not sure if
> this is possible with standardese at the moment.

It is not possible with standardese at the moment. But before any second
review, I'd manually copy and paste result_base<> into result<> so it
looks right.

More importantly though, is that reference API documentation what people
were looking for? With clauses for effects, requires, throws etc?

Do I need to write more detail for the APIs, or is what is there enough?

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting