Subject: Re: [boost] [cmake] Minimum viable cmakeification for Boost
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-21 21:57:11

AmDG

On 06/21/2017 09:23 AM, Robert Ramey via Boost wrote:

> All these are fruit of the idea that - we, the developers of bjam can
> figure out what you need so the build will be really simple. To fix
> bjam this idea has to be set aside. All of the linkages to other stuff
> in the file system should be replaced by either data in the jamfile or
> if not in the jamfile better yet runtime switches so the command syntax
> would look like
>
> b3 toolset="asfasfa" variant="12321" etc.
>
> Which would respond with:
> build failed, errors found:
> toolset "asdfasdf" not found

ERROR: rule "asdfasdf.init" unknown in module "toolset".
(Okay, I admit that's quite cryptic)

> variant must be either "debug" or "release"

error: "12321" is not a known value of feature <variant>
error: legal values: "debug" "release" "profile" "debug-python"

> no jamroot specified in either jamfile or command line

error: no Jamfile in current directory found, and no target references
specified.
-------
error: Could not find parent for project at '.'
error: Did not find Jamfile.jam or Jamroot.jam in any parent directory.

Also: 'b3' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe