Subject: Re: [boost] Cmake
From: Gary Furnish (gfurnish_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-24 17:03:36

As a boost user I need to know that some change someone put into
master on any given release to fix bug A did not introduce bug B. In
practice this means my tests need to be well designed enough to test
if boost breaks. As an example there was a heisenbug a few years ago
in UUID where compare randomly broke on SIMD machines. To be able to
diagnose bugs like this you need the exact build of boost to be a
known quantity down to the compilation switches. Plus sometimes you
run on new compilers that might have separate ABIs/features then the
packages you could download with a distro.