Subject: Re: [boost] Cmake
From: John McFarlane (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-24 17:50:12

On the subject of VS, has it been mentioned yet that VS2017 happily loads
CMake projects without the need for an .sln file? For sure, explicitly
building project files for older releases is a necessity but if you want to
promote uptake among fresh users with less expertise, *please* make sure
that when they open the Boost folder from VS2017, things works properly.

The same goes for CLion: just point it to a folder with CMakeLists.txt and
CLion is ready to compile, debug and test at the press of a button. Who
knows which other IDEs already provide this convenience or are planning to
in the near future?