Subject: Re: [boost] Cmake
From: Daniela Engert (dani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-25 07:21:36

Am 25.06.2017 um 06:54 schrieb degski via Boost:
> On 24 June 2017 at 19:00, Rene Rivera via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> ... and make it awkward to deal with them past just building.
>
> +1, if I can grok it I usually end up creating a new project from scratch,
> just to get rid of the CMake stuff so the IDE does not lead a parallel life
> and does what *I* want it to do.

This matches exactly my own experiences with CMake. The disgusting MSVC
project files that it generates make me always run away screaming: the
results are utterly useless for our purposes. Then I spend a minute and
create a tiny tidy project file from scratch which does the very same
and is usable in our environment.

Using Boost-provided well-made CMake configuration files make sense for
me when it comes to finding problems in a Boost library testcase or so.
This would be much easier now with the newly introduced 'open from
CMake' feature in the VS2017 ide into which I have integrated all
compiler versions (past and present) of my interest.

Ciao
   Dani