Subject: [boost] Boost.Build and Microsoft C2 clang
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-06-27 00:02:53

Can someone who has this working right please tell me how they persuaded
Boost.Build to correctly invoke Microsoft C2 clang as the compiler and
get it to link properly?

My GSoC student has tried:

- Configuring clang-win, this is a no-go, C2 clang comes in GCC
arguments accepting form, not MSVC arguments accepting form. And no
there is no clang-cl program supplied by Microsoft.

- Configuring mingw gcc but with the C2 clang executable, this compiles
code okay but fails at the link stage for some reason, probably it's
trying to invoke the mingw linker and we want the Microsoft linker.

Any help much appreciated.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting