Subject: Re: [boost] [gil::io] Dependent Name issue with VS2015 Update3
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-01 23:08:05

On 01.07.2017 18:42, Christian Henning via Boost wrote:
> Hi Andrey,
>
> On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 3:51 PM, Andrey Semashev <andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> Looks like a compiler bug to me. You can try replacing
>> `get_property_f::operator()` with a regular named function. Same with
>> `set_property`.
>>
> Thanks Andrey. Stefan Seefeld had the same inclination. I'll try to rename
> operator() and see if that fixes the issue.

Note that the problem isn't the (name of the) operator(). It's the fact
that it is a function / operator template, within a class template,
which requires the "template" keyword to disambiguate the syntax (gotta
love C++...). I believe the suggestion is to fuse the two into one (i.e.
make a single function template with two template parameters, rather
than a function template within a class template, or something like that...

An entirely different approach would be to simply punt and skip that
particular set of tiff tests with the buggy compiler. (That would
require the tests to be separated into separate executables, though, so
the others would be able to compile and run.)

        Stefan