Subject: Re: [boost] [beast] write_some EWOULDBLOCK/EAGAIN error recovery non-blocking operations
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-03 20:21:04

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 1:18 PM, Artyom Beilis via Boost
> I strongly recommend doing full testing of everything in non-blocking
> mode because
> (a) It is VERY common to mix them so you MUST work correctly
> regardless the socket configuration.
> (b) It provides a huge performance advantage especially for small
> blocks over multiple connections since it reduces need for callback

Oh trust me, I know. A carefully written non-blocking mode server can
handle thousands of connections and in the fast-path requires
resources proportional to N = the number of threads rather than the
number of connections. So I will be doing what I can to make this work
and make it part of the public interface.

Note however, that Beast as proposed does not make any claims at all
about whether or not non-blocking socket modes will work.