Subject: Re: [boost] Encoding address-model in library names
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-07 17:43:46

The most important missing details is the address-model.

It would seem logical to display the architecture too, but only if this isn't too difficult.

It would be less disruptive to make this break once (especially if, as Niall warns, it drives filename length beyond the Microsoft
limit).

People who are using two folders for /x64 and /win32 (as I am, can continue, or change to a single folder if and when they prefer)?

I'd say go for it asap. I'm not sure it will break much. Let's get over it.

And thanks for sorting this out.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow