Subject: [boost] [OFF] Inclusive language (Was: [review][beast] Review of Beast starts today : July 1 - July 10)
From: Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira (vini.ipsmaker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-08 17:26:53

> Such language is non-inclusive and diminishes the stature of the list
> (in my opinion).

So what? What's the problem of non inclusive languages?

This is just automatic reaction. Rust language community is full of this
shit and is unbearable.

“but-but-but the feelings... oppression”. Grow up.

If you're on the Rust community, you cannot criticize design decisions that
anyone will answer with “you have a very negative tone indeed”. That
community is cancer (oh... I just used an oppressive word... how unpleasant
I'm looking now...).

And it's the same community which will **applaud** a guy who says shit
about async I/O... like... “I think the proper way to use async I/O is
creating threads”. The same fucker who says “I don't like Windows... that's
why I don't support Windows”. As a matter of fact, I don't like Windows
either, but I leave my non-important programming tastes out of my working
environment (so oppressive).

Next time you will want to ban blacklist/whitelist from your repos because
that's racist. Stop this fucking nonsensical bullshit.

You end up hiding yourself behind a prepared excuse.

The only part I agree with you is the part on keeping the topic focused.
That's why I'm creating another topic just for that. Niall's comment was
absolutely on topic as a critique of the obvious. He could just say in
other words, like “you're not programming seriously if you ignore error
handling”. Or he could be so desperately concerned about politically
correct. It'd be a great and unnecessary distraction. He would start to
censor himself and not say everything which may be of value because he is
scary of “improper language”. He didn't even need to censor himself this
time (you've done this for him — a community of self-vigilant sheep... how
wonderful will be our future... just like Rust and its “nazi-demographic
surveys/corrections-to-be-done”).

Do not mirror Rust's bad practices here. Do as Niall and try to mirror the
good parts instead (e.g. error handling).

Feel free to only answer after review of Beast finishes. Otherwise I'll
steal focus that shouldn't be stolen now. Actually, I suggest to only
answer after the review period finishes.

--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://vinipsmaker.github.io/