Subject: Re: [boost] [beast] Formal review
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-10 00:55:04

On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 3:13 PM, Vinnie Falco <vinnie.falco_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 1:57 PM, Bjorn Reese via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> I'll state for the record that I reached out to you and the mailing
> list a few times since Beast was announced in June 2016, offering any
> interested parties the opportunity to participate in the design of the
> library. No one showed up.

For example, I'm doing a mock-up of what a solution to the chunk
encoding problem you described might look like, and I have questions
which would be simple for an expert like yourself to answer and save
me a lot of time (and help create a better product). Here's am
example:

* Should the new chunk interface require that the chunk exist in
memory as a single ConstBufferSequence?

* Or is it necessary to support a system where a chunk can be sent
using a smaller buffer, periodically refilled?