Subject: Re: [boost] [review][mp11] Formal review of Mp11
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-17 01:11:05

Joaquin M López Muñoz wrote:

> 1.4 Tuple operations are named differently from their C++14/17
> counterparts to "avoid ambiguities when both are visible or in unqualified
> calls". Yet, this policy is not followed in integer_sequence.hpp. I'd
> rather go the latter way.

The primitives in integer_sequence.hpp are template aliases, so
argument-dependent lookup does not apply to them. The tuple functions are,
well, functions, and when f.ex. make_from_tuple<T>(tp) is called with an
std::tuple, ADL finds std::make_from_tuple because std is an associated
namespace. So the code suddenly becomes ambiguous in C++17.