Subject: Re: [boost] CMake Announcement from Boost Steering Committee
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-18 14:15:37

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 7:12 AM, Jon Kalb via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Therefore, we, the Steering Committee, announce to the Boost community our
> desire and intent to move Boost’s build system to CMake for users and
> developers alike.

Once upon a time I came to find Boost not for its libraries but for its
build system. Since that time I've worked hard to improve all aspects of
the build system, the development infrastructure, and at some times
touching every Boost library with patches. Hence it saddens me that this is
the direction the Committee wants to move in. As you can imagine this
decision considerably diminishes my interest in Boost. But such is life :-)

As a consequence.. I herby resign from all my duties in the Boost community
effectively immediately. This means that I will no longer be in the Release
Team. I will no longer manage the CI build infrastructure. I will no longer
be the Testing Manager. I will no longer manager the testing
infrastructure. As for the various Boost related libraries and tools I've
authored or contribute to:

* I will continue to maintain Predef. But will be forking it into a
non-Boost form moving forward (in similar vein to ASIO).

* I will *not* continue to maintain B2 in the Boost form. I will be
rewriting b2 into a new form to address the needs of building software that
matches the industry I work in. I will be doing this immediately.

* I will not be maintaining the testing scripts and tools. Instead I will
be focusing on the set of test reporting infrastructure that I haven't had
time to get back to as my free time has up to now been devoted to Boost
infrastructure improvements.

In general I will be continuing to do what I do.. Just not be doing in the
Boost community. Many thanks for the many wonderful individuals of the
Boost community over more than a decade of my involvement.

Goodby.. Adios.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything