Subject: Re: [boost] CMake Announcement from Boost Steering Committee
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-18 19:27:22

> On 7/18/2017 2:08 PM, Louis Dionne via Boost wrote:
> > I can't speak for the Steering Committee as a whole, but I believe that
> > basically any solution that solves the above two problems would satisfy
> > the intent of the message that was posted.
>
> In that case why not have said that Boost libraries and tools will be
> supporting CMake, which I think is fair enough given the wish to form a
> consensus, but that Boost Build will continue to be developed/supported
> for those libraries and tools that still want to rely on it as an
> alternative.

Because it's not the SC's job to decide whether Boost.Build should be
dropped or not, and the details of how CMake should be supported. If
folks still want to work on Boost.Build, nothing prevents them from
doing so. Boost.Build may or may not be mandatory for being considered
a Boost library going forward, but that's one thing that needs to be
determined by the community.

Louis