Subject: Re: [boost] CMake Announcement from Boost Steering Committee
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-19 12:27:01

I hate getting into these kinds of arguments.. But this email is a bit too
far for me to not respond.

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 6:05 AM, David Sankel via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Boost needs a steering committee to break stalemates and that is why it was
> created and exists today.

There was no stalemate. Almost every time cmake has been brought up there's
been a discussion as to the merits of the build system and the impact on
switching. Until now the SC never got involved.

> The CMake issue has been around for years and
> hasn't been able to progress primarily because "obviously biased" vocal
> minorities were holding it back with threats.

No. There where never any threats. Only statements of what would happen.
And you are obviously aware of this since you considered those
repercussions when making the decision. So please apologize for the
mischaracterization and close to slander of that statement.

> Rarely has there been an
> anti-CMake argument that suggested CMake would hurt Boost's mission.

There has been that argument. As Boost's mission is impacted by the people
that volunteer considerable resources to make it survive. Until now the
argument has fallen to not move to cmake. Please search the archives for
such evidence.

> The steering committee was created to protect the mission of Boost.

Hopefully you realize that the manner in which the SC operates is hurting
the mission of Boost.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything