Subject: Re: [boost] boost no longer builds mpi libraries when using intel mpi
From: Alain Miniussi (Alain.Miniussi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-19 19:04:35

On 19/07/2017 16:26, Franck Houssen via Boost wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just to get your attention to this : https://github.com/easybuilders/easybuild-easyconfigs/issues/1065
It hasn't build with that syntax in years (edit, just saw it's from
2017), Intel's MPI does not support the -show* options family (and don't
plan to).
There is a specific piece of doc for that in:
  http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_64_0/doc/html/mpi/getting_started.html#mpi.config
I have no clue where the "using mpi"... is it called a directive ?.. is
implemented, and if I did, I don't know how to detect we're using
Intel's Implementation with bjam, nor how to pass the retrieved options,
nor to what.

The documentation layout is not great, not sure if it improved, but the
documentation system at the time was an in house tool with install
instructions scattered here and there so...

Cheers,

Alain

PS: you might want to post MPI related issues to the boost MPI mailing
list (boost-mpi_at_[hidden])