Subject: Re: [boost] [review][beast] Beast Review Results
From: Nik Bougalis (nikb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-20 09:07:45

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 12:56 AM, Michael Caisse via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> In an effort to get you all to just read this announcement sequentially,
> I will start with the result:
>
> Beast is ACCEPTED into Boost without conditions

Great news!

* Extremely responsive developer (do you sleep Vinnie?)

I believe that the evidence is fairly conclusive that Vinnie is a machine
and does not require sleep or sustenance.

--------------------
> An Author as much as a Library:
> --------------------
>
> Accepting a library into Boost is also accepting an author. Boost
> authors have enormous latitude in the control and modifications of their
> libraries. Vinnie has shown dedication to addressing issues, listening
> to constructive input, making changes when appropriate, and protecting
> his vision of what the Beast is. I believe Vinnie will serve the
> community well as a contributor.

I believe so as well. I'm glad to see more highly qualified individuals
join the ranks of Boost library authors. I'm grateful, as this helps ensure
the long term health of the libraries and, by extension, the broader C++
ecosystem.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the review.