Subject: Re: [boost] A vision of Boost
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-21 12:24:42

On 19 July 2017 at 04:31, David Sankel via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> So, we're moving to CMake. And, yes, we'll get there together. Many
> questions still exist and we'll have to figure out the answers as a
> community.

Sorry but I have no desire to work with you, when you say things like this:

> The CMake issue has been around for years and
> hasn't been able to progress primarily because "obviously biased" vocal
> minorities were holding it back with threats

You can't say such things about people, and then expect them to ignore
it because "We may have communicated it in a non-ideal way". Cmake
advocates have been consistently negative about boost contributors. I
have no idea why you think this is the way to get people's support,
but the fact that you do makes it hard to have any respect for your
judgement.

It's funny, as it looked like the cmake project was actually making
some progress, but the discussion over the past few days have
certainly set both it and boost back considerably. The cmake
"community" seem to be utterly toxic.