Subject: Re: [boost] CMake Announcement from Boost Steering Committee
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-21 21:21:56

Niall Douglas wrote:
> >> Well, that's just ignorant and self serving elitism.
>
> > Remarkable how much this ignorant and self-serving elitism could do for
> > the C++ community over the years. Surely by accident or by mistake.
>
> Some would say that what has been achieved so far is a pale shadow of what
> would have been achieved without the self-serving elitism.

Indeed they would. And the best thing about saying it is that it's
unfalsifiable. If only Boost were what you think it should have been, it
would have been at least 118% more successful.

Hypotheticals aside, here in the real world we only have actual observable
results on which to base our conclusions.