Subject: Re: [boost] CMake Announcement from Boost Steering Committee
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-21 21:47:44

On 7/21/17 12:04 PM, JeremyAgost via Boost wrote:

> I'd like to offer whatever help I can muster with regard to adopting CMake
> in Boost. My team practically celebrated when we heard about this proposal.
> I've posted our semi-proprietary Boost CMakeLists on GitHub. Maybe they'll
> be useful for a porting effort.
> https://github.com/GroundControl-Solutions/boost-cmake
> <https://github.com/GroundControl-Solutions/boost-cmake>

This very interesting and constructive.

Having make the CMake files for the library I maintain, the
serialization library I have some exposure to this so I have a couple of
questions:

a) My main interest has been to use CMake to generate Xcode IDE files. I
find the settings for the Xcode IDE all over the place - same as for
Visual Studio. I find them easier to set in CMakeLists.txt.

b) I don't see where you've included the header files. I need these to
work with the IDE.

c) I see you've made provision for static and dynamic libraries. Good,
I did something similar to the same.

d) I don't see where CTest is being invoked to compile and run the tests.

Again, specific examples are very helpful in following proposals.

Robert Ramey