Subject: Re: [boost] Switch to CMake -- Analysis
From: Daniela Engert (dani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-22 07:17:06

Am 22.07.2017 um 06:38 schrieb degski via Boost:
> On 22 July 2017 at 07:20, Steven Watanabe via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
> It seems (according to kitware
> <https://blog.kitware.com/cmake-building-with-all-your-cores/>) that JOM
> <http://download.qt.io/official_releases/jom/jom_1_1_2.zip> is the answer
> to that.

Yet another dependency - yay! With every suggestion on how to get around
deficiencies of CMake when it comes to actually build (and test)
something things are getting more complicated. From my pov as a (almost
daily) tester of both individual Boost libraries and all of Boost in
different configurations, and as a Boost distro maintainer, this sounds
like a growing nightmare when I compare it to the simplicity and
ease-of-use of Boost.Build in those scenarios that I have to deal with.
As an end-user, when it comes to consuming Boost libraries I don't care
if it is Boost.Build, or CMake, or both, or whatever else because we use
neither of them in our team.

Ciao
  Dani