Subject: Re: [boost] CMake Announcement from Boost Steering Committee
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-22 12:06:56

Andrey Semashev wrote:

> When Boost is packaged though, it is typically compiled in just one
> configuration, so a single set of binaries is packaged and then installed
> in the end user system.

Everyone seems to do it differently.

Fedora:

/usr/lib/libboost_filesystem.so.1.63.0

CentOS 7:

/usr/lib64/libboost_filesystem-mt.so.1.53.0
/usr/lib64/libboost_filesystem.so.1.53.0

Ubuntu Trusty:

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_filesystem.a
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_filesystem.so

That's not our problem though, we don't have control over that. What we'd
need to do is generate .pc files on `b2 install`, and the number of files
this would produce is not known ahead of time, it depends on the options the
user gives.