Subject: Re: [boost] cmake target and binary name mangling
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-24 09:06:55

Because it is Linux, not Microsoft Windows. Different rules apply.

This is an endian issue - neither is overwhelming right, but having both is the worst.

But that's where we are and it's too late now to get rid of different names now.

Anyway, I think encoding the info in the name is a really good idea when the linking process is so stupid that it can't even tell me
that I'm trying to link a single with a multithreaded or whatever other of the many possible mistakes.

> Even when they support compiling for multiple platforms. I think the standard way is
> to use separate directories instead of using encoded name, which is very much relevant and current practice.

Not for me - it would be a crippling change to switch to use separate directories.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse