Subject: Re: [boost] Switch to CMake -- Analysis
From: Norbert Wenzel (norbert.wenzel.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-25 07:06:16

On 07/21/2017 10:28 PM, Florent Castelli via Boost wrote:
> On 21/07/2017 22:22, Andrey Semashev via Boost wrote:
>>> We could embed the required CMake distribution in boost, compile it,
>>> and use it to build boost ?
>>
>> There's the build dependencies of cmake on Ubuntu: [...]
>>
>> Are you going to include those as well?
>
> All the required dependencies (beside OpenSSL for cURL) are included
> with the CMake sources and it will optionally use those.

We had problems with using the CMake versions of eg. cURL in our company
and switched to using the system libraries. I think this might have to
do with missing OpenSSL but cURL without TLS support is pretty useless
today. So we were not able to build our own (usable) CMake without using
system libraries.