Subject: Re: [boost] [optional] Suggestion for adding an optional_number class
From: Viktor Sehr (viktor.sehr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-26 13:07:02

Thanks for your critique, as I see boost::markable is exactly what I was
intended as it is a little bit more generalized.

Regarding the throwing, I intended the throw when assigned the mark value
to be an "equivalent" to a assert, as I imagined the intention of assigning
an uninitalized value is more clear if forced to used "val = {}" or
"val.reset();", meaning it would be more of a drop-in replacement for
boost::optional.

/Viktor