Subject: Re: [boost] CMake and Boost Build tests
From: Roland Bock (rbock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-07-31 09:21:52

On 2017-07-27 17:08, Robert Ramey via Boost wrote:
>> No I don't go to CPPCon but if you can get programmers to create
>> better documentation by your talk there I am all for it.
>
> I'm sort of pessimistic:
>
> a) I don't think that most developers think there is a problem. That is
> that the documentation they create is just fine.
> b) If there is a problem, it's that the users aren't smart enough
> c) Hence, I think that most developers will read the abstract and
> conclude that the subject is trivial and doesn't hold any value for them.

For what it's worth:

  - I know that my documentation is incomplete
  - I am amazed by what users figure out
  - I just read your abstract. I won't promise to be in the room (there
    is just too much going on at CppCon), but it sounds valuable to me.

I sincerely hope that you touch on expression templates, too. Seems to
me I need concepts and metaclasses to describe them.

Cheers,

Roland