Subject: Re: [boost] libs/sync?
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-04 08:26:37

Andrey Semashev wrote:
> On 08/04/17 03:28, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> > We have a submodule libs/sync on the develop branch that isn't on
> > master. What's its fate? Is it going to become a released library at
> > some point, or should we remove it?
>
> I sure hope to get it released at some point. The work on it has stalled
> some time ago, but I'm not giving up on it. For example, I recently
> updated Boost.Atomic with features for Boost.Sync.
>
> The current state of Boost.Sync is that it is missing docs, some Windows
> code needs updating with new features from Boost.Atomic and I think the
> code related to time units needed updating too (I can't remember the
> details now).

We should probably remove it as a submodule then, while still keeping the
repo. At some point, when ready, it will probably have to undergo a review
of some form.

Since we're on the topic, would you please remind me what was the purpose of
the library? I remember that it was an offshoot of Boost.Thread, but no more
than that.