Subject: Re: [boost] [filesystem] Pull request needs attention
From: Robert Dailey (rcdailey.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-08 17:47:25

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Daniela Engert <dani_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Am 08.08.2017 um 18:20 schrieb Robert Dailey via Boost-users:
>> I have fixed a crash I found due to static initialization ordering in
>> boost filesystem. I have a proposed fix here:
>> https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/pull/47
>
> There is actually an even older (from april) pull request
> https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/pull/43 (by me) open on the very
> same subject.
>
> Ciao
> Dani

Ah I didn't realize someone else had solved this problem. I will close
mine in favor of yours. I don't quite understand why they're trying to
share globals/statics between threads without some synchronization,
but it's not my battle to deal with. I just want the code to work and
not crash my application.

Thanks for the reply.