Subject: Re: [boost] Improving Boost Docs
From: Soul Studios (matt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-14 21:28:38

> The main objection to the quickbook - boostbook - doxygen way of
> generating documentation, as I understand it, is that it is very hard to
> generate a different look-and-feel to the documentation from the
> standard one created by the stylesheets. OTOH others think having the
> same look-and-feel of all Boost docs is an advantage. So I do not think
> there is any way around this basic disagreement.

My main objection was that it's overly complicated and unnecessary.
It's an absolutely ridiculous toolchain, that one shouldn't have to
learn merely in order to write Docs.
If there had been an insistence on a particular look-and-feel with a
supplied .css, I would've been fine with that. Instead I gave up.