Subject: Re: [boost] Improving Boost Docs
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-16 05:39:42

On 8/15/17 7:01 PM, Gavin Lambert via Boost wrote:
> On 16/08/2017 13:07, Soul Studios wrote:
> Granted I don't know anything about this and might just be misreading
> something, but from the minute I spent reading that page it does look
> like only three tools are required if you only want HTML output:

regardless of the details, just the look of the diagram is pretty
intimidating. On the the other hand, once you the tools, scripts, etc
installed, it's just a matter of calling boost build so everything is
hidden. This makes it pretty simple ... until it doesn't which is just
about always.

I actually like the whole system and I think it's pretty well suited to
boost. BUT, the combination with boost build and the desire to hide all
the complexity makes it more difficult to use rather than easier. I
think if we could work on this, we might persuade developers to stick
with it rather than looking for alternatives.

Robert Ramey