Subject: Re: [boost] [Intrusive]
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-23 07:38:26

On 23 August 2017 at 10:18, degski <degski_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> But then in the example for slist, it seems from the example code that (a)
> pointer(s) to the original object are stored (and makes it look like the
> object), but that's not what I read from the quoted text.

 <snip>

> I would like to ask for somebody to confirm I'm right, or explain to me in
> language (palatable to a thick user) what is actually stored (in terms of
> implementation).

Maybe I got it now, the intrusive container is more like a view over the
data, using the hook(s) in the object to do it's business (like chaining
the objects to form an slist f.e.).

degski

--
"*Ihre sogenannte Religion wirkt bloß wie ein Opiat reizend, betäubend,
Schmerzen aus Schwäche stillend.*" - Novalis 1798