Subject: [boost] [Root.Ptr] C Crash Proof - Completed
From: Phil Bouchard (philippeb8_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-25 02:14:55

Greetings,

Most of you know the former programming language I was working on:
https://github.com/philippeb8/root_ptr/tree/bb++/bbpp2cpp

I decided to turn this into a C parser which converts C code into C++
and adds the memory manager I wrote plus other utilities to detect the
exact location the memory leaks (missing call to free()). It works with
traditional missing sequential calls to free() and even references that
are cyclic as you can see in the attached example (input2.c).

Please note that the attached C code uses basic C++ functionality such
as constructors and destructors to help having a descriptive output
(input2.txt).

So if you have such a memory leak problem in C then please let me know
and I'll be happy to offer consulting services, remotely preferably, to
the employer you're working for. The problem should be solved fairly
quickly.

On my side I will perhaps improve the parser if necessary and automate
the whole process soon.

All the best!
-Phil
Note: For the moment the size of arrays allocated with malloc() needs to
  be a compile-time constant and the returned line number is not precise.