Subject: Re: [boost] Purchasing Travis Resources for boostorg (was Re: [1.65.0] Point release?)
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-08-27 13:53:51

>> I do. The turnaround on Travis is pretty terrible at the moment, and
>> that's going to get worse as more modules use it.

I've not found it a problem at all, turnaround is within five minutes
almost all of the time. OS X is the only service which lags a bit
certain times of the day.

You shouldn't be working directly with boostorg repos, those get
throttled at the boostorg level. You should work with your personal fork
of the boostorg repo, that gets its own allocation of resources separate
to boostorg.

Also, if you're still using the VM-based service, it's going to lag. You
want the container-based service (`sudo: false`), much quicker. And
don't forget that travis can cache its init nowadays, so instead of
spending twenty minutes building Boost from source, just cache the
prebuilt filesystem tree and restore it next time Travis runs. Much
faster. And finally the Trusty based images appear to run quicker than
the Precise images.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting