Subject: Re: [boost] master and develop branches
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-07 19:25:18

James E. King, III wrote:
> Could someone point me to documentation on management of the master and
> develop branches for committers?

We follow a variation of the "gitflow" development model. Development occurs
on the "develop" branch, and when a stable state is reached, the changes are
merged to "master". Releases happen from "master". Ideally, you would start
from a state in which master and develop are identical, then commit to
develop, then occasionally issue "git merge develop" from master.

> boostorg/uuid master ends at Jan 11.
> boostorg/develop has a bunch of stuff in it starting on August 3, 2017.
> Who is responsible for merging develop into master and when should that
> happen?

The maintainer is responsible.

> Should pull requests on github go directly into master?

No, pull requests always go into develop, by convention.