Subject: Re: [boost] master and develop branches
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-07 19:47:52

On 9/7/2017 3:07 PM, James E. King, III via Boost wrote:
> Could someone point me to documentation on management of the master and
> develop branches for committers? boostorg/uuid master ends at Jan 11.
> boostorg/develop has a bunch of stuff in it starting on August 3, 2017.
> Who is responsible for merging develop into master and when should that
> happen? Some of the issues are already marked resolved with a milestone of
> 1.66.0 but they are not in master, only develop.
>
> Should pull requests on github go directly into master? I find it
> confusing to have both and would prefer if there was only one possible
> destination for pull requests on github. If there are two, someone has to
> keep one of them updated and that isn't very efficient.

I want to add to the other replies that Boost regression testing
matrixes are available for both 'develop' and 'master' at
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/summary.html and
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/master/developer/summary.html
respectively. Of course if you are using Travis and/or Appveyor you can
pay attention to that also.