Subject: Re: [boost] Crypto/hashes library?
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-08 06:04:34

On 8 September 2017 at 08:33, Vinnie Falco via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 10:12 PM, degski via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
> A C library with no abstractions... nack

C is *not* a dirty word (assuming it *is* a word), AFAIK! OpenSSL is C,
isn't it?

But, if you insist on C++, you could check out the Other Language Bindings
page: https://download.libsodium.org/doc/bindings_for_other_languages/ ,
where you'll find 3 wrapper libraries.

The importance is the different approach, I wrote about earlier.

> C++, with some abstractions in the form of common base classes. This
> looks promising :)

It's also been C++11, since, umh, well, 2011 :-).

degski

--
"*Ihre sogenannte Religion wirkt bloß wie ein Opiat reizend, betäubend,
Schmerzen aus Schwäche stillend.*" - Novalis 1798