Subject: Re: [boost] [docs] Documentation on Github?
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-17 12:26:29

On 17.09.2017 07:55, John Maddock via Boost wrote:

> On 17/09/2017 10:14, Andrey Semashev via Boost wrote:
>> On 09/17/17 11:02, John Maddock via Boost wrote:
>>> I notice that a few libraries are serving their documentation pages
>>> on github, for example
>>> http://boostorg.github.io/quickbook/doc/html/index.html How is this
>>> being done?
>>
>> You can create a gh-pages branch in your repository and its contents
>> will be rendered on github.io.
>>
>> https://help.github.com/articles/user-organization-and-project-pages/#project-pages
>>

> Nod.  I realise that, but I had to make some changes to the
> source/build process to make all the links work, plus it's a manual
> process to merge and push stuff to the gh-pages branch, I wondered if
> anyone had succeeded in automating it?

Yeah, Boost.Python does that (http://boostorg.github.io/python).
Have a look at its Travis-CI logic:

https://github.com/boostorg/python/blob/develop/.travis.yml
https://github.com/boostorg/python/blob/develop/.ci/upload_docs.sh

(One of the automated builds generates new docs, and pushes new content
into the `gh-pages` branch. It even does that for `master` and `develop`
separately, to maintain two sets of docs at
http://boostorg.github.io/python/doc/html/index.html and
http://boostorg.github.io/python/develop/doc/html/index.html respectively.)

        Stefan