Subject: Re: [boost] [review][Fit] Review of Fit starts today : September 8 - September 17
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-17 22:13:47

A couple of questions:

1)

It seems to be that this library only applies to function objects. Is
this impression correct? I get this impression from the "getting
started" and other material and I'm fine with this. But when I go to
the reference for is_callable I find:

"The is_callable metafunction checks if the function is callable with
certain parameters."

which seems to suggest that this meta function would work as expected
when passed a pointer to a function. If it's to apply only to function
objects, I would expect the above to read:

"The is_callable metafunction checks if the function object is callable
with certain parameters."

2)

I wonder about some names. In some cases it seems that the library
provides some C++17 functionality under a different name:

is_callable ?-> std::is_invocable
http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/utility/functional/invoke

apply ?-> std::invoke
http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/utility/functional/invoke