Subject: Re: [boost] Travis/Appveyor improvements for the superproject
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-21 23:41:13

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 2:29 AM, James E. King, III via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Andrey Semashev wrote:
>>
>> Is this why there are now lots of blank CI columns in the test matrix?
>>>
>>> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/detail.html
>>>
>>> I've been seeing these for a while, and they are always blank.
>>>

>> No, that's a separate thing.
>>
> For some libraries like winapi, if changes occur you want to build it and
> everything that depends on it (there are about 10 libraries that do) to
> make sure nothing got broken.

No argument about that. But that doesn't mean there have to be blank columns.

BTW, we do run tests on all libraries periodically, so you can see how
other libraries react to your changes. The downside is that you don't
get notifications.

PS: Please do not top post.