Subject: Re: [boost] Please fix executable permissions on header files
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-25 13:52:22

On 9/25/2017 9:32 AM, Neil Groves via Boost wrote:
> On 25 September 2017 at 14:20, Jonathan Wakely via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> On 25 September 2017 at 14:08, Edward Diener via Boost <
>> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>>

>>> I have already submitted PRs for these files, and iostreams and
>> parameters
>>> should be currently fixed in 'develop'.
>>

> Since this was not isolated to a single library, I assume this is quite
> easily done by mistake with common workflows. Perhaps we ought to consider
> having an automated test for .hpp (and other) files not being executable
> somewhere as a quality gate before subsequent releases?

A better solution would be a Git server hook which would prevent files
being pushed as executable unless the file matched known executable file
types. Of course determining what constitutes executable file types
might not be very easy. I believe a git hook at the Boost superproject
level would apply to all submodules recursively, but I am not absolutely
sure that this is true.